Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and is located in Goodwood, West Sussex. The Group has been recognised as being in the ‘Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers 2019-2020’ and the Rolls-Royce Motor Cars plant specifically runs one of the South East’s largest apprenticeship schemes. Join us, and ultimately, you will have access to a wide variety of career paths with one of the world’s top luxury brands.
The Rolls-Royce Motor Cars brand is synonymous with quality, style and performance and this extends to the Goodwood team itself. As a major international company we are proud of our investment in people and we are currently seeking apprentices to join the department in September 2021.
Your Career Development
The Sales Operations team is a key partner supporting the delivery of the Company’s sales and profit results. Tasks include strategic volume planning, management of tactical sales budgets, big data analytics and reporting. The team also monitors and drives our regional and dealership sales performance, supporting with Customer Bespoke order construction, and ownership of our global used car strategy, Provenance.
In collaboration with The University of Chichester, the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship aims to provide you with a firm grounding in the principles of management, enabling you to study the nature of organisations through exploring your own experience at work, develop as a self-aware and reflective manager, and build your management skills in practice.
The Degree Apprenticeship is a level 6, 4-year programme combining practical training on the job with part time study at university. The academic sessions are delivered one day a week over three 10-week terms a year.
Upon completion of the Apprenticeship, you will have gained a BA (Hons) Management degree and a toolbox of skills for your future career.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the delivery of the
Company’s sales objectives on a monthly and annual basis.
With responsibilities to include;
- Target management and tracking both for the department and for the regional teams.
- Production of key management reports and presentations to disseminate performance information around the business.
- Contact with regional teams around the globe to collate vital sales information.
- Creation and maintenance of reports and reporting structures to ensure timely and clear information.
- System and process improvements to help achieve maximum efficiency for the department.
- Bespoke order creation, supporting dealers and regions in configuring truly unique cars
- Support with the management of the Rolls-Royce used car (Provenance, Certified Pre-Owned) and Financial Services programmes
Rate of Pay
A competitive salary starting at c. £13,650 pa which will increase annually up to c.£28,000 depending on individual progress and performance.
Pension scheme, BMW car scheme eligible to those 18 years and over, generous holiday allowance, a subsidised on-site restaurant and discounts at various local businesses and restaurants.
40 hour working week. Apprentice start and finish times at Goodwood are 08:30 – 17:00 but may vary slightly according to work-based placements and college hours.Qualifications and Experience
- English and Maths at GCSE grade A* – C
- Achieved or working towards 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grade A – C. Topics including Maths, Business Studies, Statistics and Economics are preferable
- Passion and enthusiasm for our brand, products and company.
- Excellent language skills in English – language skills in German are an advantage but not essential.
- Experienced in use of Microsoft Office 2013, especially Excel.
- Self-motivated and capable to work under pressure.
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, able to spot trends and interrogate data.
*If you are currently studying or have taken exams you must upload a school/college report or evidence of your results. Please note that you can submit teacher assessments, predicted grades or other supporting evidence as proof of qualifications.
When it comes to selecting the right apprentices, it’s as much about attitude and behaviours as it is about vocational and academic success. That’s why in addition to the qualifications we require from you, we’ll also look for you to have a range of skills, attributes and competencies. These include: team working, as well being able to work without close supervision; quality focus; good communication skills; the ability to show enthusiasm and initiative; and to take responsibility and be accountable for your work.
As part of your application you will need to upload one of the following:
– a copy of your most recent school report* and a CV or
– a CV and an employer reference, or
– a CV and a personal statement
We cannot progress your application without either a school report, employer reference or personal statement.
*If you are currently studying you must upload a school/college report.
You must also be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK or European passport holder.
Closing date for applications: 14 March 2021
Please note, if you are successful to assessment centre stage, these will be held on either 30 April or 1 May at Goodwood.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
If you would like to find out more information regarding apprenticeships at the BMW Group and why you should choose us, please go to: https://www.bmwgroup.jobs/gb/en/opportunities/apprentice.html#location=GB,GB/Farnborough,GB/Goodwood,GB/HamsHall,GB/Oxfordshire,GB/Swindon