Manufacturing Process Apprentice -Essity
Brand Manager – Why PlayStation? | PlayStation Careers
Turn Off Light
I Like ThisUnlike Like
I Dislike ThisUn-Dislike Dislike
- Ever sat on the toilet and wondered how your toilet paper was made?You may be surprised to know that to make one toilet roll, the machinery involved is larger than a jumbo jet, the machine speed is faster than the motorway speed limit, and the process involves recycling paper, water and energy. Our tissue manufacturing operators are key to ensuring you have hygienic tissue paper at home, a product that you probably just take for granted. Lots of our operators have been with us for many years, learning new skills, learning from each other, working with new equipment and technology, being part of projects delivering process improvements, and developing lifelong friendships. They are keen to pass on their knowledge to you and welcome you on board.
- About the role
- Our Manufacturing Operator Apprenticeship programme will equip you with the skills you need to become a Shift Process Operator together with the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvement activities on site. Our three-year apprenticeship programme at Prudhoe Mill is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn.Essity offers the opportunity for you to join a local company at Prudhoe that is part of a global business which embraces both innovation and diversity with the goal of making a difference to people’s lives. We manufacture many leading tissue brands – Cushelle, Velvet, Plenty and Tork to name a few.
- What you will do
- You will study for a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in Performing Engineering Operations and Business Improvement Techniques, as well as industry specific qualifications. These courses will be undertaken on site with our specialist in-house trainers whilst also working on-the-job. Throughout the programme you will have the support of a dedicated team.This will allow you to develop your skills through a mix of on-the-job training and formal qualifications. You will start your apprenticeship working Monday to Friday and will move to working a shift pattern when you meet the appropriate skill level and legal age requirements.This is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn.
- Who are you?
- We would love to hear from you if you have;
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grades 4 / C including maths, English and a science (essential)
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- A flexible but solutions focussed approach
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a teamKey to success for this apprenticeship is to have the ability to balance time between studies and work to ensure success in both.
- What we can offer you
- In return we offer an excellent salary, plus competitive pension scheme, holidays, healthcare provision and bonus opportunity.We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. So, if you have a passion for understanding how things work and are looking to secure a strong step into an industry which will provide you with many future career opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
- We will shortlist your application based on you meeting the academic criteria, together with demonstrating how you meet the behaviours that are important to us.Your start date if successful will be September 2020
- .More About Prudhoe Mill, Newcastle
- Prudhoe paper mill is located just off the A695 in Northumberland making it accessible from many areas within the region. We have a large free staff car park and are close to public transport. The site houses, two paper machines, seven converting lines a recycling plant together with an international distribution centre. Products manufactured on site are for the consumer goods market with Cushelle and Velvet being two of the leading brands made.#LI-EssityTogether, we are improving lives, every day.Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.Application End Date: 14th July