This role is based in London, beginning in September 2021
Closing: 2nd February 2021
Managing the process by which a design solution is delivered is at the heart of successful construction. At Mace, we apply the same rigour to our design management service as we do to our project management service, making sure that our client’s project objectives, and construction and procurement requirements, are met. From creating design management strategies to providing relevant and timely documentation, we know the process is core to delivering a project on both the practical and conceptual levels.
Design Management is the application of project management techniques to the design process. It establishes and manages the process through which design solutions are delivered by third parties.
Working as a graduate design manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the client’s needs in the development of a building design
- Supporting the design process, working with the client and wider design team
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Contributing to progress meetings
- Maintaining project documentation
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in design management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained) in architecture, engineering or design management
- 240 UCAS Points (if achieved prior to 2018) – 94 UCAS Points (if achieved post 2018)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
This list is closed for submission.