Children’s Services – Social Worker
PO1 – PO3: Starting salary £35,067 pa through to £42,609 pa incl. LW
In Lambeth, we value and invest in our social workers. We recognise that our staff are our greatest asset and we want reflective, talented Social Workers to assist us in giving the best possible, most helpful support to our most vulnerable children, families and carers.
We have lots to offer from our rich learning and development programme and our competitive salaries to our exceptional career progression pathways and manageable caseloads. Manage your work-life balance through our flexible working opportunities, and work in the heart of Brixton, one of London’s most vibrant cultural centres.
But most importantly, we are looking for reflective, dedicated social workers who want to focus on great practice that makes real and positive difference for children and young people we support.
Lambeth promotes Systemic approaches to working with families and communities. Through our innovative “Children at the Heart of Practice” framework, we are inspiring, resourcing and enabling social workers to undertake great relationship-based social work practice.
Find out more about our approach by clicking here to visit our jobsite.
We are looking for social workers across our service including but not limited to: Referral and Assessment, Family Support and Child Protection and 16+ Independence.
Social workers in Lambeth can look forward to accessing training opportunities which include:
- A 3-day introduction to systemic practice offered to all staff
- Specialist training in systemic approaches to working with domestic violence and adolescents
- 30 places per year for 1st year accredited systemic training
- Funded training to Practice Educator status
In addition to our training offer, all our social workers:
- Are part of a small team of six social workers
- Take part in regular group supervision with their team
- Receive support from their team-based advanced practitioner
Social workers in Lambeth:
- Receive a competitive salary that rises to a maximum of £42,609 per year
- Can progress into team-based Advanced Practitioner posts earning up to £48k
- Benefit from flexible working opportunities such as working from home and compressed hours (negotiated on an individual basis)
- Are situated in the heart of Brixton (2 mins walk from Brixton Tube) with access to and discounts on the renowned local amenities
- Manage a caseload which is below the inner London average
- Work from a fantastic, modern working environment in the award-winning Lambeth Town Hall and Civic Centre buildings
- Receive 26 days of annual leave (rising to 31 days for those with continuous service of more than five years)
- Have access to a comprehensive benefits package
Interested?Click the ‘Apply’ button and complete an online application form.
Please ensure to submit your CV and a supporting statement explicitly evidencing how you meet the shortlisting criteria marked with an “A” on the job description. (max one side of A4)
Job description & person specification
Closing Date: Sunday 21st February 2021 at midnight
Find out more about why Lambeth is a great place to take the next step in your social work career, please visit our website:
Primary Location: LondonWork Locations: Lambeth Civic Centre – Second Floor 6 Brixton Hill Brixton London SW2 1EG