Origin – shaping communities; building lives Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity. Good people are the future of our innovative, working community.
We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward. Our vision for this role The Housing Services department are looking for an exceptional person to act as the main point of contact for our residents, taking personal responsibility for delivering the housing services they need.
You will get to know our customers well and have the authority, skills and capability to address all their housing needs. Our customers will know to call you and be confident that you will take personal pride in resolving the problem.
The main bulk of the patch the successful candidate will be managing is in Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire is a very diverse and busy area that requires a strong candidate to join whilst ‘hitting the ground running’. What you’ll do This is a rewarding and exciting position – responsible for building relationships and trust both internally within your Origin team and externally with the community you serve.
At a glance you will:
• Managing anti-social behaviour • Manage and resolve any tenancy and estate management issues
• Act as a central point of contact for all resident queries • Managing all resident schemes
• Liaise with all departments to make sure you and your residents are up to date and help implement any procedures or changes
• Completing Fire Risk Actions assigned to the Neighbourhood Manager
• Monitor and manage ASB cases and working in strong partnership with our external partners to resolve them.
• Managing new developments handovers What you’ll need A motivational approach Collaboration is highly important; you’ll need to demonstrate your previous experience in a Neighbourhood, Housing or Property Management Setting.
Relationship building skills We reach out to third parties to help us; you’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships. Proven ability We operate at a high level; you’ll need to demonstrate a track record in delivering high performance and a creative problem solving approach.
A strategic brain We move things forward and get things done; you’ll need experience of developing great relationships sometimes in challenging situations. Confident writing skills You’ll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you’ll need experience of producing written correspondence for a variety of audiences.
Tell us your story We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit
www.originhousing.org.uk Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date. Benefits for the right person We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person.
As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you.
• Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
• Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
• An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
• A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
• An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 14/02/2021 Interview and assessment date: 26/02/2021