Brand Manager – Why PlayStation? | PlayStation Careers
Apprentice Social Care Worker – A Career With Choice Care Group
at PlayStation EuropeLondon, England, United Kingdom
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Store and Services Marketing are on a mission to become the engine of profitable growth that future proofs the PlayStation business for years to come.
We will achieve this by providing personalised, relevant, and inspiring marketing campaigns that add value for our Players and improve their gaming experience.
The Brand Manager for Key Title & Live Services Management is responsible for the development of marketing campaigns that help drive sales opportunities across the world’s best content on PlayStation Store as well as PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now businesses.
Reporting to the Global Group Marketing Manager for Content Lifecycle Management across Store and Services, this is a key role, accountable for building and developing a world-class global marketing campaigns that encourage our players to buy the world’s biggest games and subscription products from PlayStation Store.
This new team will become industry-leading experts in campaign strategy and global toolkit development for the top titles across the PlayStation Store and Services businesses.
What you’ll be doing:
The Brand Manager for Key Titles & Live Service Management in conjunction with three counterparts will be responsible for developing performance-based marketing campaigns and toolkits to meet the roadmap of the globally agreed key content priorities that drive the PlayStation Store business.
Working closely with the content lifecycle management group and become experts in their products advising on marketing campaigns to drive revenue opportunities and meet agreed KPIs.
Globally responsible for their key titles and must be willing to find solutions for executing plans within the new global ways of working aligning with key stakeholders across the GSS business and within the Store and Services marketing team to ensure execution of plans on time.
The successful candidate will be experienced within the gaming industry, have a knowledge and experience within an e-commerce platform, roadmap planning and creative briefing.
Comfortable balancing multiple priorities in a fast-moving and complex environment and have marketing technical expertise in the space.
You must be comfortable analysing data and be able to build campaign plans through data led insights. Candidates will also have experience in an eCommerce focused role.
The Brand Manager for Key Title & Live Service Management will work across the following key areas of activity:
- Responsible for Store and Services marketing of 3-4 key title game franchises; accountable for developing full life-cycle communication strategy.
- Develop global PS Store and Services toolkits across game lifecycles in collaboration with the content lifecycle management teams as well as Third Party Marketing and 1st party software.
- Be the lead Store and Services stakeholder in live service game strategy development: attending business intelligence workgroups to understand consumer behaviour in depth and use data to develop campaigns to meet the needs of the live service models.
- Consulting the 1st Party games as a service team on design of Live Service strategies that drive long term platform engagement and monetisation.
- Advise on marketing prioritisation and campaign phasing of their key titles
- Recommend investment level for each campaign to Strategy & Planning leads.
- Setting KPIs, test and learn and investment strategies and recommend budget to Strategy & Planning leads to meet the GSS objectives.
What we are looking for:
Required & Preferred:
- Educated to degree level,
- Preferred: Digital Marketing qualifications
- Demonstrable marketing industry experience, ideally in the Gaming industry
- Experience in working in;
- global / regional roles
- eCommerce marketing roles
- creative briefing
- Expertise in digital media strategy and execution best practise
- Proven experience analysing, working with and building campaigns through data.
- Comfortable managing design and media agencies as required
Candidate Preferred Qualities
- Analytical, results focused high accountability mindset
- Does not settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way
- Experience in an e-commerce-based marketing role
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.